Monday, September 22, 2014

Digital Badge #E

For Digital Badge #E, I decided to read chapter 7 and learn more about solving problems using software, apps, and games. The first concept I chose was "Steps in Solving Problems". I chose this concept because I feel it is important for students to understand the steps to properly solve a problem and how to good educational software.The second concept I chose was Visual-thinking and concept-mapping software. I chose this concept to further learn about because it talks about a software to help students organize their ideas. Wanting to become a teacher, learning about all the strategies and programs to help students learn is a huge help. It gives you tips on how to include graphs and symbols to express their creativity. Last, but certainly not least I decided to use "Computer Games as Learning Resources". I would like to further this concept because it explains how computer games, including action games have many ways to help the students with education. It explains how gamification is used to help motivate or influence behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Great ToonDoo! :) And it is quite relevant to your chapter reading. Don't forget to add your textbook reference (at the minimum) in APA format at the end of all of your posts.

    You will also want to 'dig deeper' into reflecting on each point. One statement that contains little substance is not going to be enough. For example, you mention,"I feel it is important for students to understand the steps to properly solve a problem and how to good educational software." Why do you think it is important? Does problem solving happen both with and without educational software? What would be some examples that you might use and why did you select them?

    ReplyDelete