Sunday, October 5, 2014

Digital Badge #F

This week, I decided to read Chapter 8,"Communicating and Collaborating with Social Media". I chose this chapter to further explore because being one who is constantly on some kind of social media, I was curious to see how it could be used in the classroom, if at all. For my first concept I chose "Electronic Communication between Teacher and Students. Learning about technology for educators, I wanted to know how many types of communication there was through technology. The second concept I chose was "Social Networking for Educators". I would like to further explore this section because since I've been working with students and seeing how other teachers work with students, I was hoping to understand what kind of contact through social media is acceptable, if any. For my third concept, I decided to choose "Strategies for Using Email and Texting". I was curious to learn about this section because some of the bold headers grabbed my attention. I would like to continue learning about the different advantages there are to using email and texting as a way to communicate and possibly teach your students. http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=7952265

2 comments:

  1. This chapter's reading is usually popular as it relates well to today's tools - and, interestingly, many of the tools are even unknown to some of the most tech-using college students. :) You will want to go in considerably more depth for these reflection posts to help the reader know more about your understanding of the content and more importantly, why it has meaning for you as a future teacher.

    Your ToonDoo is cute - instead of putting in the link, you will want to embed your creation! I will add a photo in Canvas to show you how to find the embed code in ToonDoo and then you can watch a video on how to embed for your blog in one of the Announcement links (Canvas).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feed back! I will use it in Digital Badge #G :)

    ReplyDelete