Thursday, September 11, 2014

Digtial Badge A


For my Digital Badge A I decided to read chapter one and chose three concepts from that chapter. The first concept I chose was "Today's Student and Technologies" . I chose this concept because I do think it is important for teacher's to understand the background of each child and I believe it does help to be successful in the class room if you know what type of teaching style to use. Now a days, technology is taking over and who knows how much more advanced it will be when I become a teacher. I know that in my family, everyone has a smart phone, iPad, TV(s) , computer(s), etc. It is not uncommon for my two year old nephew to know how to work his educational games on the iPhone or to make a face time call.

For my second concept, I chose "Teaching 21st Century Learners with 21st Century Technologies". i decided to write my paragraph on this concept because it talked about even if you are up to date with technology, and even use it regularly, you still may not know how to have it benefit you as a teacher. I, myself am pretty technical savvy, but when it comes to web tools, advanced PowerPoint, and excel, I am completely confused.

Lastly, I wrote my third concept off of "Strategies for Learning New Technologies ". This concept was fascinating to me because it talked about how to broaden your technology experience. With personal experience, I learned that it takes time to perfect something. You don't just pick it up right away and completely understand. With my career, I was thrown in to managing the desk of an after school program which consisted of running a computer program called "Procare". I had no experience with it and was taught in one hour how to do the basic. Over the past few years I would say I know the program well and I now am able to teach the director's things they never knew to begin with.



Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc. 

Procare

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting this first blog post created! :)

    I think you have noted a good point about the time it takes to master a new skill. Sometimes, we forget that the there needs to be time to practice and hone new learning. Though that concept is not limited to technology, it seems even more so with all of the changing hardware/software.

    ReplyDelete