Sunday, November 9, 2014

Digital badge I

For this blog, we were instructed to read chapter 4; "Designing Lessons and Developing Curriculum with Technology" and choose three distinct concepts we would like to further explore. After reading chapter four, I discovered that three concepts I wanted to further explore were 1)Enhancing Lesson Development with Technology 2)Using Technology in Lesson Planning and 3) Assessing and Evaluating Students. Enhancing Lesson Development with Technology was my first concept because I would love to know the purpose of a lesson plan and how it is constructed. Goals, methods, and procedures are a huge part of creating a lesson plan. Technology is a main supporter of lesson plans in a variety of ways. Learning assessments is something that occurs before, during, and after teaching lesson(s). It is a technique that helps summarize what students have learned from the lesson. For my second concept, I decided to chose "Using Technology in Lesson Planning". Technology has become such a huge part in our education system that it was only a matter of time before it was brought in to our planning and teaching of the lessons. By further exploring this lesson, I was hoping to gather what ways you could use technology, which software was available, and how effective it is. I read that many organizations provide downloadable lesson planning templates using Student Learning Objectives. For my last concept, I decided to choose Assessing and Evaluating Students. I chose this concept because I wanted to further learn about different types of assessments and how to efficiently evaluate students. While reading the segment, I learned that there are two types of test assessments and a standard based assessment. There is also a performance assessment which measures what someone actually does in a certain activity. http://www.bitstripsforschools.com/comics/HX9111/

1 comment:

  1. I can't access your Bitstrips so assume you did not make it public (which is also probably the reason you can't get an embed code for the blog). :(

    You already blogged about Chapter 4 in Digital Badge C, but to move forward, I will allow some points as a 're-do' of sorts. As you plan lessons, there are three major concepts to consider: Curriculum (what will you teach?, i.e., standards, benchmarks, objectives), Instruction (how will you teach it - this is where you have the most control as an individual teacher) and Assessment (how do you know your students have learned it? - the focus is now more on creative and individualized approaches instead of solely on quizzes, tests, etc). Then you consider how technology can enhance your lessons - there is much to consider! :)

    ReplyDelete