Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Digital Badge #K

This week, we were to read chapter 6:Fostering Online Learning with Educational Websites and Apps. As with other weeks, we were to choose three distinct concepts that we wanted to further explore and reflect upon. The three concepts I chose were Bookmarking and Cloud Computing for Teachers,Designing Successful Webquests, and Virtual Field Trips. I decided to choose Bookmarking and Cloud Computing for Teachers because being one that has a smart device that has access to the cloud, I unfortunately do not know all that it is able to do or how it works. Reading that paragraph informed me that is also able to do more than I thought. Being able to use "the cloud" to bookmark to store and/or retrieve files from any device. For my second concept, I chose Designing Successful Webquests because I wanted to get a better idea of what a webquest is and how it is used knowing that our next assignment is creating our own Webquest. Webquest allows students to express the meaning of the the lesson in their own way, whether it be creating a piece of art if you are not the most phenomenal reader or writer. Last but not least, I chose Virtual Field Trips for my last concept. I chose Virtual Field Trips/Online Field Trips because while reading the chapter that was certainly something that caught my eye. I have never heard of someone taking a virutual field trip. Listed in the chapter is a variety of online field trips and tours that you are able to take online. http://linoit.com/users/emoconnor/canvases/Virtual%20Field%20Trips

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on that Lino, Emily! :) Now you just need to work on embedding it into your blog so the reader doesn't need to link out. Sometimes, digital tools do not provide an embed code, but when they do, it is best to use it. If not, then you would want to hyperlink it so that it is just one click away and transparent within your post.

    Cloud computing is such an important part of our mobile and multiple-device lives! Being able to access your favorite websites from your phone as well as any computer both at home and at school via Delicious (as assigned earlier in this class) is becoming more and more vital. The efficiency of such tools is making our world more 'available' wherever we are located.

    ReplyDelete