Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Digital Badge #L

For our last blog post, we were to read Chapter 12 and choose three concepts that we want to further explore and learn about. This week, for my three concepts I decided to choose Bring Your Own Technology Programs, Technology and the Culture of Schools, and Different Types of Technology-Equipped Classrooms. I chose Bring Your Own Technology Programs because while I currently work in a school where they began introducing more classrooms to BYOT. Schools are making sure to involve every student, even the ones who are less fortunate by offering equipment to rent. One of the issues that stands by allowing students to bring their own devices is teachers not fully understanding the equipment the students are bringing, that could cause issues in the classroom/school. For my second concept I chose Technology and the Culture of Schools. I chose that topic because I am interested to learn how different culturals could affect technology in the classroom. This section mentions that when an idea is set in motion, it is passed down from administration to the teachers then to the students. When those administrators create the new policy, they don't see how it affects the students' learning and the teacher's teaching. Last but not least, I chose Different Types of Technology-Equipped Classrooms because since I have been working in school for a few years, private and public, I have noticed the differences and similarities of technology in both schools. Many classrooms now a days have smart boards, ipads, and laptops but there are still classrooms that don't have a single computer for access. http://www.bitstripsforschools.com/comics/0WZP11/

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BYOT/D has been somewhat controversial due to some of the issues you indicated...it has also been successful in that it has brought more technology into the classroom. It is true that there needs to be training for teachers and opportunities for all students to take part even if they cannot bring their own - it is a chance to make a positive impact with some creative problem-solving! :)

    Also, I can't access your BitStrip - can you be sure that it is public ... even better revise your post so it has the cartoon embedded (look for the embed code!)

    ReplyDelete