Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Digital Badge #J (Updated)

We started off this week by continuing in our book and reading chapter 11; "Engaging Students in Performance Assessment and Reflective Learning". We were choose three concepts that we would like to further learn about. For my three concepts I chose, "The Role of Assessment in Teaching and Learning", "Digital Teaching Portfolios", and Involving Students in Learning and Assessment. I chose "Engaging Students in Performance Assessment and Reflective Learning because while reading that section, it taught me which features are interrelated elements. It explained the difference between new teacher assessments, students assessments, and student self-assessments. Further leaning more about this subject and how to properly prepare for an assessment or to distribute student assessments will prepare me and my future as a teacher. For my second concept I chose, "Digital Teaching Portfolios". I decided to further learn about this topic because it talks about creating your portfolio before you even begin your teaching career. Learning how to create a proper portfolio includes experiences, summertime experiences, volunteering, and talents. For my last concept, I decided to choose "Involving Students in Learning and Assessment". I chose this concept because it explains how involving students in creating your lessons and activities helps the students to remain interested in what they are learning. Certain tasks assigned to the students could make all the difference with their academics. http://teacher.infuselearning.com/l/?ID=bpq1sth

1 comment:

  1. Great job for trying Infuse Learning - it is a great tool for the BYOD initiative when teachers want to do formative assessment. You would definitely want to improve your choice options to make it a valid assessment though!

    Portfolios are important ways of documenting accomplishments. They show development and growth as well as an opportunity to reflect upon your own learning. You will be creating your own e-portfolio as part of an upcoming assignment.

    ReplyDelete