Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Digital Badge #G

For this weeks lesson, I continued in the book with Chapter 9; Expressing Creativity with Multimedia Technologies. In Chapter nine, it talks about the different technologies they offer in schools today. For this assignment, you were to chose three concepts that you would like to continue to learn more about. For my three concepts, I decided to chose ones that gathered my attention more so than others. My first concept, I chose Multimedia Technologies in Schools Today. With all the technology there is available for students and teachers, I was curious how much more was brought in to schools since I was in school. I was hoping to find that information out in this section. For my second concept in chapter nine, I decided to choose "Strategies for Using PowerPoint with Students". Many people have basic knowledge of the PowerPoint program, but with this section, I was hoping to learn more in depth details about PowerPoint and how to correctly demonstrate it to my students if I was to use it in my classroom someday. Last, but not least, for my third concept I chose "Literacy Learning with Digital Cameras". Part of that article that caught my eye was the section within "Literacy Learning with Digital Cameras" called "Alphabet Books. That topic captured my attention because I was curious to learn more about the Alphabet Books since I am leaning more towards becoming a Kinder-Second Grade teacher. I would love to learn strategies on how to bring technology in to such a young age group. http://linoit.com/users/emoconnor/canvases/Trial%20Canvas#showSocial

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, your Lino link only took me to a login page. :( Can you check it again and be sure your created Lino is public and then see if the link works after you have logged out of Lino - that will determine whether everyone else can see it. Let me know once you've done and I'll come back to view as I'm interested in how you created.

    You still need to develop your concept reflections and get to the 'meat' of the reflections better. For example, the first four sentences to this post are unnecessary and don't add anything to this post. And in your first concept you mention that you wanted to find out if there were new technologies introduced in schools since you were in school, but you didn't indicate what you found out - that would be the "meat" of your reflection of the concept - what did you discover? how are they different than the tools you used in school? If they aren't different, how did you use these tools in your own past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe i have changed it to public now :)

    ReplyDelete