Sunday, October 19, 2014

Digital Badge #H

This week, I continued on to chapter 10; "Promoting Success for All Students through Technology". While reading this chapter, it taught me many things involving how to teach technology for diverse students, translation services, and how to adapt classroom learning with certain technology. My first concept I would like to continue to enhance my knowledge of would be Electronic Spellers and Dictionaries. Throughout this chapter, I learned the variety of different materials there were used in order to help students of all ages. Students are more likely to engage in learning if they like the material they are using. One thing I would like to further reflect upon would be how successful are these techniques? How much do children improve when using these based off of doing it manually without technology. For my second concept, I chose "Assistive Technology to Reach Diverse Learners". I chose this concept because I learned which technology is best suited for students with disabilities. Speech recognition software, text reading software, and storybook apps are all different ways to use technology that helps students in the classroom with disabilities. i chose this concept because I wanted to further learn how many different types of software there was for particular students and if there was a certain technique students preferred. For my third concept I chose "Writing Transformations with Technology". I decided to chose this concept because the first paragraph caught my eye. The first paragraph stated that students disliked writing for one more reasons being pressure, patience, lack of confidence, patience, ect. It caught my attention because wanting to become a teacher, and assisting in a classroom I was hoping to find ways to transition my students in a positive way and in a way that made them not cringe at the sound of writing or spelling. Technology

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you got this one mixed up with the previous blog post assignment, but I will grade so you can move forward. It is a good lesson, though, that college classes may not use the textbook in a sequential manner! In fact, the fate of textbooks themselves is questionable as we can find more relevant content as we need it on the web these days!

    Love your ToonDoo and hope you will continue to create and find ways for your students to create as ways to think and translate perspectives about concepts. It doesn't work for everything, of course, but such tools have potential.

    ReplyDelete